Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Eastern Horse Expo


Hi, everyone,

Before I put on another blog about Louie Jay, I wanted to tell you what a good time Edgar and I had at the Eastern Horse Expo in Agricultural Hall at the Allentown Fairgrounds this past weekend. It's always fun to be in the company of like-minded people, and we were--all horse nuts. My husband and I had a booth there both for his veterinary practice, E.J. Balliet and Associates, whose patients are mostly horses, and for promoting and selling my books. I met many of Edgar's clients, sold and signed a bunch of books, and watched some live horse demonstrations put on by Willow Brook Farms on training horses with the Parelli Horsemanship method. It's always a good thing to be able to better communicate with your horse, and that's exactly what the Parelli method teaches. Other booths at the expo showed or sold tack, horse trailers, and even cremation services, which have been available for years for small animal owners, but which have only begun to serve those persons who need to dispose of a dear, but very large, pet, in a way that is respectful of the animal and agreeable to the owner.

I look forward to seeing an even bigger horse expo in fall and urge everyone--even those without horses--to sit ringside and learn the tricks that make horse ownership such a pleasure as well as a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment